AngelList Venture is seeking a Venture Associate to join our Operations team which is primarily based out of San Francisco. However, this position is open for remote work. The Venture Associate team serves as the primary guide and point of contact for fund managers (GP’s) using AngelList. As a Venture Associate, you will help lead GP’s to maximize their leverage of AngelList software and capital resources and build lasting relationships with some of the world’s best experienced and emerging managers.
Reporting into our Venture GP Relations Director, you will work internally with sales, support, and product teams to optimize platform usage and solve problems. Externally, you will onboard GPs and be the trusted source of best practices for all aspects of running and building their venture business: understanding each GP’s unique needs and engaging on strategic, technical, and operational levels.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a sophisticated client-facing role and be excited at the prospect of supporting our mission in increasing the number of successful startups in the world. Key competencies for this role include superb written and verbal communication skills and an understanding of core financial concepts and venture financing.
- Develop a deep understanding of our product offerings, our platform, the venture industry, and our mission.
- Act as a product, legal, and market expert for fund managers — helping them navigate technical financial infrastructure questions (fund structuring, tax, financial reporting) and the use of our platform.
- Review and polish investment memos and pitch decks.
- Evaluate opportunities to increase product leverage and retention.
- Act as representative of AngelList at industry conferences and networking events.
- Collaborate with the product, operations, and customer success teams in order to continuously surface new solutions for our GP’s.
Other characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- 2+ years in a client-facing role within a rapidly growing organization, ideally within venture, finance, or fintech.
- Experience and ability to navigate rapid change in a high growth fintech environment.
- Superb attention to detail – you need to be able to catch the corner case every time.
- A deep love of startups and passion for understanding the infrastructure of venture finance.
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
AngelList & Return to office plans: Our team has been working from home since March and our plans are to keep our offices closed through the end of June 2021. Given today’s shelter-in-place world and the expectation we’ll be working from home for quite some time, don’t let geography keep you from applying!
Benefits : We support our employees in their lives both inside and outside of work. See additional detail on our benefits here: https://angell.ist/venture-benefits.
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.