Who we are:
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are seeking a Project Manager to lead critical workstreams with cross-functional teams across GA.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for the management and overall operations of projects of various complexity, size, and duration, helping to ensure the organization is poised to meet the objectives and goals of each project on time and on budget.
An avid problem solver who thrives on being engaged at all levels of delivery, the Technical Project Manager acts as the key point of contact for both senior leadership and accountable project leads and acts as a servant leader to delivery teams.
- Facilitate decision-making, issue resolution and consensus among the team members and dependent teams
- Balance personal ownership and accountability of immediate responsibilities with the flexibility and drive to jump in and fill gaps across the team as they arise
- Contribute to a culture of continuous optimization of workflow and processes across General Assembly; know when we should be strict and when we can be flexible
- Foster a highly engaged, cross-functional, working groups that value transparency, trust, and collaboration that results in delivering high-quality products quickly
- Analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope requirements and support prioritization exercises
- Leverage technology and tools to optimize efficiency and adept at identifying technology dependencies in projects, or confidence in their ability to learn
- Resolve issues within the project team, mediating when necessary, to ensure that all perspectives are heard and everyone is aligned on the project outcomes, what is needed for success, and what their contributions are
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to projects, and ensure that the final deliverable meets our needs from a global perspective across the GA ecosystem
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working with technical teams in an agile environment
- 3+ years hands-on project management experience
- Track record of meeting deadlines consistently with multiple assignments occurring simultaneously and documenting progress
- A natural leader who easily commands the respect of the team and builds trusted relationships at all levels
- Acute attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and quality in all deliverables
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with remote / 3rd party team members
- Exceptional organizational skills
It’s an added bonus if you have:
- Certification (i.e. Certified ScrumMaster, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach, Professional Scrum Master, SAFe Agilist)
- Atlassian administration experience (Confluence, Jira).
Apply here.Apply here.