$70k – $120k.
Our mission at Product Hunt is to surface great products every day and help makers become successful.
Our team is made of self-starters, people with a founder mentality. We ship every day. We embrace bold ideas and encourage experimentation.
As a Senior Product Designer, your role is critical in making Product Hunt a welcoming experience for everyone, even people who do not look like you.
You should see yourself as a generalist: able to research a problem, sketch, and prototype solutions as well as collaborate with the rest of the team.
What you’ll do:
• User Advocate – Talk to users and teammates to identify problems and needs.
• Create great experiences – Design comprehensive user flows, wireframes, and prototypes. Participate in updating our design guidelines and processes.
• Create simple and elegant solutions – Design user interfaces following our design guidelines for Desktop, Mobile, and Applications.
• Communicate design decisions – Present your work to the team. Share reasonings behind your choices and be a voice within the team for best design practices.
What we look for:
• 4+ years in a Product Design role
• A portfolio demonstrating your design work
• Good visual design skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to see the big picture and how small design decisions can impact a bigger system
• Self-starter and autonomous (Being a fully distributed team, we don’t all work at the same time)
• Team player: you understand that we all work together in making Product Hunt successful
Nice to have:
• Affinity with the Makers community and tech
• Experience launching great products
• Experience with remote work, side projects, or freelancing
• Big plus: you know how to code a bit, or do illustration, or maybe have the cutest pet to show on Zoom.
Benefits / Perks
A few of the benefits we offer:
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Flexible Schedule: work when you’re the most productive
• WFH or work from a beach (our team is fully distributed)
• Gym membership stipend
• Work from home stipend
• Paid parental leave up to 12 weeks
• Health Insurance
• Salary is dependent on location/cost of living and experience.
- Intro Zoom call to discuss your experience and what you’re looking for in your future role
- Portfolio presentation (Zoom – Up to 45 min): present 2 or 3 of your projects. This presentation should mention the goals, work process, and outcomes of the project
- Brainstorming session (Zoom – Up to 1 hour): we will try to solve a problem together
If you’re excited about this role, please apply on AngelList or send me an email with your resume + link to your portfolio: firstname.lastname@example.org