Founded in 2007, Quimbee is one of the most widely used and respected study aids for law students. With a massive and growing library of case briefs, video lessons, definitions, practice questions, and more, Quimbee helps its members achieve academic success in law school and on the bar exam. With our newest products, we now are instrumental in helping attorneys meet their CLE requirements.
This position is 100% remote. All you need is an internet connection and a quiet place to work.
As a member of our elite group of technology professionals, our quality assurance (QA) engineer will play a key role in driving the testing and coordination of QA effort across applications. The QA engineer will work closely with multi-functional teams to ensure we are delivering high-quality software in a consistent and expert fashion.
Who We’re Looking For:
- A QA guru. You can develop automated test scripts in your sleep.
- A versatile engineer. You know what you don’t know and feel comfortable learning new skills. You’re not ashamed of recognizing mistakes and employ measures to avoid falling again.
- A problem solver. You take great pride in your ability to investigate, diagnose, and resolve failing tests.
- A team player. You share test-ownership as much as possible. You don’t mind fixing other people’s tests or stepping in to help a teammate.
- A great communicator. You communicate your ideas, feedback, and criticism thoroughly, clearly, and courteously. You believe there’s no such thing as over-explaining or over-clarifying because that’s how miscommunication is avoided.
- Develop and execute automated test scripts and test procedures
- Produce test plan documents and requirements
- Develop and maintain test control databases
- Perform solution testing confirming business requirements
- Run regression tests
- Produce lists of defects that are to be resolved and incorporated into future releases of the application as required
- Develop technical documentation and reports
- Ensure all existing processes are fully documented, suggesting improvements, updating documentation, and communicating all process changes to relevant stakeholders
- Work with remote teams to set their priorities, remove their roadblocks, and ensure sufficient coverage for any given release
- BS/BA in computer science or closely related field
- 3+ years of experience in designing test scenarios, test execution, monitoring, analyzing results, and reporting results within a web application
- 2+ years of experience writing and maintaining automated regression tests in Selenium or a similar test-automation framework
- Prior experience working within an agile development environment
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with a passion for quality processes
- 100% remote. That’s one of the biggies. No more commute!
- Profit share. We set aside a percentage of profits each year and then pay them out equally across the entire team.
- Group health-insurance coverage.
- 401k matching up to 4% (100% matching up to 3% and 50% between 3% and 5%).
- Unlimited paid time off. Our philosophy is that if you feel you need time off (for example, because of overwork, sickness, personal matters, etc.), we’re not going to question that. We just ask that you don’t abuse it and that you give us at least two weeks notice if you plan to be away.